Membership Advisor at Basingstoke Sports Centre
Basingstoke Sports Trust
Posted: 04 September 2019
Apply by: 19 September 2019
Basingstoke Sports Trust (BST) is currently recruiting for a Membership Advisor to join their Membership Team at Basingstoke Sports Centre. The successful candidate will work on average 31.5 hours per weeks with various hours to include one full weekend per 4 weeks. You will engage with prospective and current members of the Centre and provide a positive and welcoming environment.
You will be a flexible, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude and good people skills. You will look after customers who are enquiring about membership so experience of dealing with the public is essential and you must be self-motivated. You will need to have excellent communication skills and administrative skills with an energetic and outgoing personality and be able to engage successfully and convert enquiries into sales. Training will be provided and you will need to demonstrate some flexibility for training days.
If you were successful you would:
- Recruit new club members and provide excellent customer service.
- Provide accurate and complete information to prospective members on facilities, programmes, products, and prices.
- Achieve minimum targets set on telephone calls, tours, conversions, and sales.
- Contact prospective members, through internal and external outreach programmes.
- Communicate in a way that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Show good attention to detail to complete administrative duties related to membership accurately and effectively
- Present well, personally and professionally.
- Possess a good working IT knowledge.
- Attend training days when necessary.
Basingstoke Sports Centre boasts a membership of over 5,300 and is one of the largest single-site memberships in the country, we’re proud of what we have achieved and are always looking to improve. We have invested nearly £500,000 refurbishing our Evolve mixed gym and have added additional kit to both our gyms. We’ve been finalists in the ukactive Flame Awards two years running and won awards for our National Fitness Day contributions.
To apply, please complete the BST application form outlining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role. The application form is available from our website www.mybst.org/vacancies Send your completed application form to Katie Harman, HR Officer either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post to Basingstoke Sports Centre, Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7LE. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 19th September 2019